For Medical Professionals
The Cancer Network of West Michigan offers patients unparalleled access to leading therapies and expertise close to home. We welcome the opportunity to guide your patients’ care.
This collaboration leverages the resources of Trinity Health and University of Michigan Health-West, two of the region’s most trusted cancer programs. University of Michigan Health’s participation affords these organizations direct access to elite clinical trials, emerging protocols and internationally renowned specialists.
Cancer Network of West Michigan: Why Choose Us?
Each of our facilities maintains a long-standing record of care excellence, including therapies from highly skilled clinicians and outstanding outcomes. These attributes, along with the backing of Michigan Medicine’s nationally ranked cancer center, leads to a level of care that’s not available elsewhere in West Michigan.
Highlights of our program include:
- Expertise: We are a diverse group of cancer specialists, many of whom have fellowship training in medical, surgical and radiation oncology. Several clinicians dedicate their practice to specific cancer types, allowing us to offer advanced therapies for complex cancers. Find out more about the types of cancer we treat.
- Coordination: Collaborating helps patients benefit from our collective knowledge, as well as the most recent scientific findings. These conversations often take place in combined tumor board meetings in which specialists from all Cancer Network facilities participate.
- Clinical trials: As a member of the Cancer Research Consortium of West Michigan and through facility-level endeavors, we offer clinical trials evaluating promising new treatments. Through Michigan Medicine, select patients may be eligible for additional opportunities. Read more about cancer clinical trials.
- Convenience: Patients can choose to receive care in any of the Cancer Network’s locations. No matter which site they choose, they’ll receive evidence-based services, compassionate care and coordinated therapies.
Collaboration among Cancer Network facilities elevates the level of care each facility provides. Patients also benefit from coordinated access to specialized treatments and services.
These offerings include:
- Care for rare cancers: The team includes cancer subspecialists with experience treating rare cancers, such as soft tissue sarcomas and adrenal tumors.
- Cancer genetics: Testing and counseling guides treatment decisions for hereditary cancers, as well as secondary cancer prevention recommendations.
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC): This innovative treatment is available for certain abdominal cancers, such as appendiceal cancer and peritoneal mesothelioma.
- Minimally invasive surgery: Surgical subspecialists use minimally invasive techniques, including robotic surgery, as often as possible.
- New specialists: The Cancer Network is home to doctors specializing in neuro-oncology and gynecologic cancers. These specialties are not widely available in West Michigan.
- Specialized Radiation Therapy Techniques: Cancer Network of West Michigan is home to the only CyberKnife Radio Surgery System for targeted cancer treatment.
The Cancer Network regularly receives patient referrals from local primary care physicians and other specialists. We maintain communication with referring providers to provide updates, seek guidance about comorbidities and discuss long-term care management needs.
To refer a patient to the Cancer Network for a second opinion or treatment, contact any of our centers:
Trinity Health Johnson Family Cancer Center
1440 Sherman Blvd., Suite 300
Muskegon, MI 49444